It’s time to take a look ahead towards your February marketing and promotions! February is not only the month of love and romance, but there are lots of fun pet holidays this month too.
Take a look at the list of holidays below, and choose the ones that align with your client’s interests, and your product and services range. Then brainstorm marketing activities, and educational campaigns that use the holidays as ‘themes’.
You can get more ideas for creating promotional opportunities around the pet holidays here, and if you’re looking for ‘in store’ signage, price tags and posters to support your campaigns, then be sure to download my Pawsome Promotions Printables.
Pet Holidays February 2016
- Responsible Pet Owner/Animal Guardian Month
- Adopt a Rescued Rabbit Month.
- Beat the Heat Month.
- Dog Training Education Month.
- National Cat Health Month.
- Spay/Neuter Awareness Month. (Humane Society of the United States)
- Pet Dental Care Health Month.
- Responsible Pet Owners Month.
- National Wild Bird Feeding Month
- National Prevent a Litter Month.
- Unchain a Dog Month.
- International Hoof Care Month
2nd week in February
- Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week.
- Homes for birds month
3rd week in February
- National Justice for Animals Week.
4th Week in February
- National Invasive Species Awareness Week
Pet Holidays by date
- Feb. 1: National Serpent Day
- Feb. 2: Groundhog Day
- Feb. 3: Hedgehog Day
- Feb. 14: Pet Theft Awareness Day.
- Feb. 20: Love Your Pet Day.
- Feb. 22: Walking the Dog Day.
- Feb. 23: International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day.
- Feb. 23, 2016: World Spay Day; held the last Tuesday of February.
How are you going to use February’s pet holidays to promote your pet business? I’d love to hear about it. If you want to get a monthly reminder about upcoming pet holidays like these, then sign up for my newsletter.