You can find the first steps here:
In this step I want you to search for your business again online, just like we did in step 1.
But this time around, I want you to take special note of all the listings, review pages and social media accounts such as Yelp, Facebook, Twitter and Yellow Pages that mention your business. Then, I want you to conduct a quick audit of your business details.
Go to each listing, log in, and make sure that all your business details are being displayed in exactly the same way.
- Is your business name spelled exactly the same way in all listings? No abbreviations or variations allowed. For example Becky’s Dog Walking and Dog Walking by Becky are different variations of the same name, but they need to be corrected so they look identical.
- Is your business address or service area displayed exactly the same way in every listing? For example if the address says Bark Road in one listing and Bark Rd. in another, then correct this so the spelling is exactly the same.
- Is your phone number correct in all listings?
- Is your website address displayed and correct in all listings?
- Are your opening hours correct?
Why am I asking you to do this? Because it helps your customers (as well as search engines) understand that you’re one and the same business, and over time this will help you get more inquiries and web visits!
In the final part of this series I’ll cover getting reviews for your pet biz, be sure to subscribe to my mailing list and I will email the article straight to your inbox.